It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Moritaka or Tanaka
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

Hello

ISO a 240mm gyuto and have a few questions on the Moritaka or Tanaka. Will the Moritaka KS, Moritaka Aogami #2 be back in stock before the holidays? Can you provide a brief overview, blade thickness, blade dimensions (esp. the blade height from the spine to edge at the heel) of the Moritaka KS, Moritaka Aogami #2, and Tanaka Sekiso.

Thank you.

Tom

Richmond Laser

Post subject: Re: Moritaka or Tanaka
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Tom,

Yes we will have more Moritakas coming in the next week. I'll try and post specs when they come in.
Of the three I like the Moritaka KS the best.

Richmond Laser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:56 pm 
Forum Moderator

I have the Tanaka Sekiso 240 gyuto. It's my favorite knife and I've been using it for a couple of months now with only some light stropping. Cuts incredibly well! I haven't tried a Moritaka yet. I will get some dimensions for you tomorrow if Mark doesn't beat me to it. The Tanaka has a beautiful convex grind and is crazy thin behind the edge, but has a nice solid feel to it. I want to re handle the knife one of these days and have the materials picked out to do so, but that means I won't be able to use the knife for a day or two, so I haven't done it yet!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:29 pm 

Thank you Mark and Taz575. I appreciate your help and look forward to your replies.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]