It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Vote for the next Forum Promo item.
Poll ended at Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:53 pm
Gyuto  26%  26%  [ 12 ]
Petty  37%  37%  [ 17 ]
Suji-Yanagiba  11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Nakiri-Usuba  2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Deba  2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Santoku  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bread  4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Sharpening stone  15%  15%  [ 7 ]
Accessory item  2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 46

Post subject: Poll for the next Forum Promotion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:53 pm 

Let us help Mark decide what to put up for the next forum promo.
He has a full plate right now, so let's make it easier for him.

Post subject: Re: Poll for the next Forum Promotion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:15 am 

We could always wait until he catches his breath. Personally it feels like begging for a discount. He's mentioned more than once the burden it places on him and the staff, so what's the rush?

My vote is a once a quarter deal on something that he has time to think about and that many people are actually interested in purchasing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:39 am 

snipes wrote:We could always wait until he catches his breath. Personally it feels like begging for a discount. He's mentioned more than once the burden it places on him and the staff, so what's the rush?

My vote is a once a quarter deal on something that he has time to think about and that many people are actually interested in purchasing.

+1 It hasn't even been a month since the last special. Patience is a virtue.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:48 am 

Lol, I vote we take a break for a few months to save some green and let the boss have a break.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:17 am 

+1. Give it another week at least. Between the spoils of the trip to Japan and the new website, I'm sated for now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:37 am 

Aww, aren't we a caring bunch! :lol:

But in the spirit of the thread, I would suggest the 270/300 Masakage Yuki sujihikis, at least if the grind is as thin behind the edge as the petty. Or Kono white #2?

Mark < > Next trip start taking Pycogenol at least 2 days prior to your trip and continue for 5 days afterwards. In my experience it greatly reduces jet lag effects.

Cheers,

Rick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:35 am 

A little anticipation never hurt anyone, and a little rest would certainly not hurt Mark. Something like an "every few months" plan seems reasonable. Or whenever Mark just mysteriously decides it's time, according to some logic known only to him.

For me it's moot, since I don't have the needed posts! Darn. Need posts. Need a great petty.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:54 pm 

Hey, I don't want to overwhelm Mark, either, but I thought his original idea was to offer these specials roughly monthly. I like having more frequent offers. I have to admit almost all of them have tempted me in some way, but my collection is also big enough that I have to buy judiciously, meaning it has to be:
1. something I've really been wanting for a while anyway
2. something that is an upgrade from what I already have (which probably means I'd sell something to make room), or
3. a deal that's just too good to pass up

I also think it has served as an effective motivation for more widespread contributions to the forum by more members, which was a large part of its intent. I wonder if less frequent offers would dampen that encouragement.

Plus, there might be a bigger rush if products were offered quarterly. So far, it's seemed like most of the offers have lasted long enough that people had a bit of time to decide, rather than having to jump on them right away.

Please keep feeding the beast!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:54 pm 

I've long thought that CKTG's business model would make a great business school case study. The ability to lean on your current customer base to actively assist with new sales as well as troubleshooting / answering post sales questions - all without compensation, has to be the stuff of many a Company's dream. Maybe the local Badger Business School should consider this. This type of community selling would not have been possible prior to the www. This is meant as a compliment.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:56 pm 

Thought has occurred to me too snipes.

FWIW, IMHO, (I will try to think of more abbreviations :)) Mark has been extremely generous with these offers and I think threads like this help keep the forum lively and engaged, exactly what the sales were supposed to do. I don't think anyone will be sore if the sale remains a ways off, I also think everyone would be pretty excited to see it posted today. Seems all in good fun to me. :)

Page 1 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next