It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:04 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Vote for the next Forum Promo item.
Poll ended at Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:53 pm
Gyuto  26%  26%  [ 12 ]
Petty  37%  37%  [ 17 ]
Suji-Yanagiba  11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Nakiri-Usuba  2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Deba  2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Santoku  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bread  4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Sharpening stone  15%  15%  [ 7 ]
Accessory item  2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 46

Post subject: Re: Poll for the next Forum Promotion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:20 pm 

There was no intent whatsoever by posting this poll other than to give Mark a gauge as to what forum members would LIKE to see offered.
It is his business, he can offer Forum specials whenever. I cannot than Mark enough for his outstanding customer support.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:58 am 

I agree—we can talk about options while Mark's chills out. Mark is clearly his own dog...I can't imagine he would really feel pressure to put on a sale unless he had some stock in mind. That said, I think starting this separate thread was the right thing to do—the earlier post on the old forum special list, which was kinda "what's the next special..we're waiting" in tone, was a bit weird.

I voted for a petty. I tend to think of the sales in terms of reviews as much as what I'd like to buy. I'd like to see more reviews of the humble petty, especially because everyone loves to talk about the versatility of the gyuto...but the petty is damn useful!! Don't you people eat strawberries?! Or have girlfriends?! My girlfriend ALWAYS goes for the petty when at all possible... (Sorry to all of you female forum readers—no neglect or lack of respect intended...hopefully you can enjoy the joke, too. :) )

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:15 am 

I'm all in for a petty, random accessory, or sharpening item.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:10 am 

A few posts back I said that I would like a petty, and I voted for it. So glad to see more people who like them. Even if I do not reach the requisite posts, I would love to see people here jump on one--like salemj, I'd like to see more reviews, and more attention to them in the threads. The petty is on my shopping list, and even if I do not reach the posts to get one the easy way, it would be great fun to follow the comments and get the chance to learn more if one pops up as the next special.

And yes, salemj, I get the joke and utterly forgive you. Even we 240-weilding ladies on these threads sometimes need to deal with strawberries.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

snipes wrote:I've long thought that CKTG's business model would make a great business school case study. The ability to lean on your current customer base to actively assist with new sales as well as troubleshooting / answering post sales questions - all without compensation, has to be the stuff of many a Company's dream. Maybe the local Badger Business School should consider this. This type of community selling would not have been possible prior to the www. This is meant as a compliment.

Thank you! It's worked really well for us and that's a testament to you guys as well. Even before the internet when we were selling futons in the 90s, I always thought "market research" was a very simple concept that people misunderstood. Back then I would ask my customers when they walked into our shop what they wanted (relentlessly). It's really the same concept now except you guys are not walking into out office but using this forum, facebook etc. I think many businesses would do well to take the time to ask "what do you want" and then try to provide it.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:56 pm 

chefknivestogo wrote:
snipes wrote:....I think many businesses would do well to take the time to ask "what do you want" and then try to provide it.

So so very true! There is nothing I hate worse than to tell a sales person what I want and then have them try to up grade me or sell me something they need to get rid of! Just give me what I asked for!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:07 pm 

...or worse yet, ignore me completely and tell me what I need is what ever crap they have already.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:44 am 

Speaking of petties...anyone check out Steve's new videos on the Kanehiro and Tetsuhiro petties. Ooh la la, I'd like to try one of those at a discount! Although I probably still couldn't afford it right now even with a forum special! Great looking blades, though, and I feel like there isn't much out there on the petty lengths for these makers.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:59 pm 

Thanks so much for the ideas about the videos, Salemj. I'm trying to study the whole subject of pettys and think hard about whether they would make sense for me. A forum special of a petty could be fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:19 pm 

Now I'm getting curious...

Any estimate on the time until next forum sale? I'm thinking of making a purchase of a few things soon, but I'd hold off if a forum sale was in the works sometime in the coming weeks to see if it would affect my wish list. My sense is that Mark may be busy enough to fill the summer, though—this is actually kinda what I'd expect. Any thoughts, Mark?

Page 2 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next