It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:38 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Oh boy.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:51 am 

Spent the past week in tremblant. I can't even sum up how much fun it was. What I can sum up is how horrible the kitchen was.

We basically rented out a condo for the week that had a kitchen. It was really under-accommodated compared to the rest of the condo. No salt, no pepper, no cutting board, only serrated knives (thank god I brought my roll), no baking sheets, no soap.

Was pretty annoying but we got it done, used a shelf from one of the cabinets to chop on, seasoned everything with nacho chip crumbs for two days.

Made some killer food, albeit we were wasted so anything with bacon was instantly 10/10

5 nights, 10L of milk, 5 boxes of cereal, 6 lbs of Bacon, 4 lbs of chicken breast, 3 lbs of steak, 4lbs of ground beef.

Good times, I'm tired as can be and really sad that the next weeks are going to be boring in comparison.

The question I have for you is, have you ever been in a situation where you have had to get creative to make some killer food in a pinch?

Post subject: Re: Oh boy.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:25 am 

Vegas. Time share apartment/condo. Tried to make shrimp risotto with wrong rice and wrong equipment. It was bad all around. But it was Vegas so it was still a great time. Great times. Liquor trumps food pretty much all the time.

Post subject: Re: Oh boy.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:30 am 

coachnj wrote:Vegas. Time share apartment/condo. Tried to make shrimp risotto with wrong rice and wrong equipment. It was bad all around. But it was Vegas so it was still a great time. Great times. Liquor trumps food pretty much all the time.

Enough liquor and potted meat taste good, well, makes it eatable anyway! :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]