My name is Chris Cibas and I am a culinary arts student in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Now that I am starting to get more comfortable with knives and my Wusthof Cordon Bleu 9" Chef Knife, I am becoming interested in acquiring a japanese knife.
I did a lot of research and am leaning towards a Konosuke HD. Thinking about the 270mm Gyuto. Thoughts? I guess my only fear is it being a bit too long...but I think I can handle that length and get used to it.
Anyways, I was wondering about getting a quote for one and had some questions...
1) I noticed they are out of stock...do you know when you will have some back in stock? Can you just order one?
2) Is it possible to get the length to be closer to 250-260mm?
3) I am thinking about the Ebony octagonal handle, but was wondering if it can be made with an Ebony handle with white buffalo ferrule and end cap so it goes light/dark/light?
4) Is there any chance the knife could be taylored to include a Damascus pattern on both sides or even 1 side?
5) What would shipping cost to Canada (M9P3E2) - Toronto area?
What are your thoughts on the Silver 3 line?...specifically this knife - http://www.chefknivestogo.com/kowasi27ho.html
Anyways, I am looking forward to hearing with you and getting my questions sorted out and possibly ordering one. Please let me know what the costs would be if any of the above are possible.