Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:16 pm
The pictures from Melampus would be a great addition , You would only need
3 to 4 good shots
Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:23 am
I like a lot of the suggestions here. I'm mostly going to be in agreement, but I'll chime in with some of the features, I've thought about during the many hours I've been browsing or researching on your site.
1. Totally agree about having consistent pics for each product. I liked what Melampus did as an example, and think that would largely cover it. It's super important to have a straight-on shot of the side so people can get an idea of the profile. While some of the current shots are aesthetically pleasing with the angles, the boring factuality of profile shots is really important. And good choil shots will also be helpful. I'd also include a reference measurement (ruler), since different makers measure differently--it would help with comparisons.
2. Include standard information in a consistent format. I'd include more (and like the idea of having specifics about angles and grinds, if that's possible). Ultimately, it would be nice if these stats could be searchable, but not essential. In the end, posting all of this would put more information in front of people. Then there would be no need for someone to write an email asking about a stat, someone having to find that knife and do a measurement, then email the inquirer back (or post on the forum). Ultimately, it would take more work initially, but would mean less work over time.
3. Noting similar knives in the same class (price, steel, size, etc.) would also facilitate comparisons.
4. Being able to do a search and then sort by price, name, etc. would be good. Maybe even let the user define the desired price range, if possible.
In the past year, it seems like the site has been moving in the right direction, so it's good that the improvements will continue!
Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:35 am
I'd like to be able to create my own wish list that would allow me to quickly get to items that I want to order in the future.
Also, I'd like to see a more consistent description of the dimensions for all knives and the chemistry of all steels. Most of the knives already
have this, but seems like a few have fallen through the cracks. I also prefer to always have the generic names of steels that
the makers use vs made up names that some makers have. The chemistry of the steel will tell you a lot about the wear resistance - edge retention
of the steel (carbide size and type), but nothing about how well it cuts. The geometry of the blade will tell you more about how well the blade will cut, but
I don't know if it's possible to always have this information available fo example: convex on right side and concave on left side with a 80/20 grind. In general,
I don't have any serioius issues with the site, since I usually pay with my paypal acct, because the wife usually can't see what I'm spending my $ on, LOL!
Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:36 pm
How about a forum for non-knife related lifestyle type discussions?
Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:43 am
I haven't read through all of the comments and this may seem really simple, but what about a link on the forums back to the shop? There is nowhere on the forum to click and go back to the shop. You have type the web address in for the shop which is a little more tedious. I know simple but seems like it should be an easy one to implement.
Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:44 pm
Do you mean to split all of that already present information out of the "Knife Type" button? http://www.chefknivestogo.com/resources.htmlSNIPES <>
We have a "General Discussion" sub-forum.DIESEL <>
This point has been raised before, and I agree wholeheartedly.
Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:56 pm
Since many of us here are CKTG junkies who repeatedly feed our habit, it would be useful to allow us to set up an individual account at the store. That way, checkout is simplified by logging in first and I would not have to re-enter every piece of information EVERY TIME I place an order. It would also provide a basis for e-blasts or more targeted marketing efforts going forward.
[I think you and I have had this discussion in the past.]
Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:45 pm
I don't know what security issues you have to deal with to do what Tom suggests, but that is a DAMN GOOD IDEA.
Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:37 pm
"That way, checkout is simplified by logging in first and I would not have to re-enter every piece of information EVERY TIME I place an order. It would also provide a basis for e-blasts or more targeted marketing efforts going forward."
1) please no marketing, junk mail box is full....and I have no self control
2) please do not streamline knife buying. Sometimes the only reason I have money left to eat on is because I don't want to fill out the checkout forms.
Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:49 am
Hi Mark & Sue,
I've been "shopping" your site almost daily for a month or more, and ordering when I finally narrow my desires down to what I really want. Normally, I just "store" my potential purchases in the shopping cart until I'm ready to buy. It would be great to have a wish list instead of using the cart. Furthermore, a wish list that included a note on items I've requested e-mail notification for when they'll be in stock would be helpful.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.