It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:16 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nanocloth, Kangaroo, and CBN .125
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:35 pm 

Alright so now that I have used the 3 of these together on a couple knives and my straight razor I'll do a little review on them. The main reason for the purchase was for my straight razor. As a touch up on the razor I went 100 passes on the nano with the CBN and then 100 passes on the kangaroo. This was by far the best shave yet with the straight. Im sure that my comfortability with shaving added to the performance as well, but it performed GREAT!

As for knives. Last night I received an ITK 150mm petty and 240mm kiritsuke along with a 210mm fuji gyuto. Reviews will come on these knives once used a little bit. I ran the petty through my progression, red brick green brick, rika, snow white, then finished with the nakayama koppa. The edge was superb after that. To test the new strops I put the knife 40 passes on the nano and 40 more on the Kangaroo and OMG OMG OMG, lets just say I shaved a patch of my face dry! Of course wasn't the most comfortable but it was popping the stubble.

These 3 products are UNREAL.

Drew Hostetler

Post subject: Re: Nanocloth, Kangaroo, and CBN .125
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:18 pm 
Site Admin

People are really digging the kangaroo. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't tried it other than a few brief stokes with my edge pro on a knife.

Richmond Laser

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:54 pm 

Drew,

Are you using the 'roo bare?

Thanks.

Rich

We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........

Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 am 

Yes I was recently having a conversation with James about the best way to use the roo. He suggested after nano cloth and keep the roo bare. No compound and definately do not oil the roo. The roo leather has its own natural oils and also the added oil would cause the leather to peel from the glass possibly.

We all learn something new everyday!

Mark you have to start using the kangaroo more! It is so nice, also it seems like it is going to last a long long time as long as edge leaders dont get it! Very durable stuff from the first couple weeks of use. Looks brand new. Also I am very pleased with the CBN, makes shaving with the straight much much more enjoyable.

Drew Hostetler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:15 pm 

Mark, Maybe you should get some of that roo unmounted. I have the 2X6 for the EP. Besides a big chunk taken out (not paying attention while stropping), mine has got quite a build-up on it that I haven't figured out how to clean. Thus, would like to just buy some unmounted roo and replace the piece I have?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

Yes that's a good idea.

Richmond Laser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 pm 
Forum Moderator

"Mark, Maybe you should get some of that roo unmounted. I have the 2X6 for the EP. Besides a big chunk taken out (not paying attention while stropping), mine has got quite a build-up on it that I haven't figured out how to clean. Thus, would like to just buy some unmounted roo and replace the piece I have?"

Sending you a PM :)

---
Ken

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]