It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:35 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Naniwa 10K superstone first impressions/review
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:08 pm 

Got the Naniwa stone in before the long weekend, didn't really put it to it's paces until today where I took some of my kit to a 5k ceramic chosera then to the naniwa 10k.

I think i might want another stone to fill the 5-10k jump but the results I'm achieving are simply divine.

I used to be able to get knives shaving sharp, sure you could shave with them but you wouldn't really enjoy it. This stone however, whether it's carbon or SS does a wicked number on the edge. You could comfortably shave with the knives that come off this stone, albeit with a strop on bare leather after :)

So far I'm very impressed with the stone. Only lapped it once OOTB and haven't since even after 4 blades.

For roughly 70 bucks for the 1cm stone with the base I think this is a must for anyone who likes to sharpen but can't yet afford other finishing stones. I really can't compare it to other finishing stones as I only have this and a J-nat finisher.

Post subject: Re: Naniwa 10K superstone first impressions/review
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

I'm glad you like it. The naniwa super stones really "shine" in the higher grits.

Chefknivestogo Blog

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]