It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:12 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Maruyoshi Santoku Review
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

Mark,
The Maruyoshi santoku is amazing. I have never had any knife that is even close to that sharp. I even compared it to a brand new razor blade and it thecuts paper 10x better than a razor. I did the tomato drop test against my old knife and the tomato bounced off the old knife, while the Maruyoshi split it right in two instantly. I've been bringing it with me everywhere with a note book to show my buddys how well it cuts. Its so much fun to use I'm buying more produce than normal.
It might take me while to appropriate the funds, but I'm thinking about the addict 2 or the richmond laser next. advice??
You can post my comments on the santoku as a review if you want one for that knife,
http://www.chefknivestogo.com/hasakn.html
jake

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Maruyoshi Santoku Review
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:59 pm 

I used my Takahisa Santoku (which is actually made by Ryusen, as is its twin, the Maruyoshi, and the Hattori HD) last night for the first time since sharpening it about a month ago and I was very impressed by both its sharpness and by the way it cut. Probably should use it more, although it is a bit redundant in that I have two Gyutos, two Petties, and a Nakiri made by the same manufacturer. Awesome knives, still my favorites.

~Voltaire

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]