Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:41 pm
Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:03 pm
Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:10 pm
Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:22 pm
Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:26 pm
mjwit wrote:Hi All,
I currently own several SS knives, Shun, Wusthof
Am looking to expand my knowledge and experience in Carbon Steel in fine quality Japanese knives.
1. Are you right handed? YES
2. What type of knife are you interested in (gyuto, nakiri etc..) GYUTO
3. What size knife are you looking for? 240
4. Do you prefer carbon or stainless steel? CARBON
5. Do you prefer a western handle or a Japanese handle? JAPANESE
6. How much did you want to spend? ???
7. Do you know how to sharpen? YES
Looking for some feedback on some specific knives (yes I've read the reviews where applicable) and any other suggestions that you feel appropriate. I'd also like to get specific responses about:
I'm particularly interested if you have experiences with all or some of these knives and how you would make comparisons:
Konosuke Fujiyama Blue #2 240mm Gyuoto http://www.chefknivestogo.com/kofubl2gy24.html
Suisin Inox Honyaki Wa-Gyuto 240mm http://www.chefknivestogo.com/suinhowa24.html (Yes, I'm aware it Swedish SS) I just like the look of it and the grind
Moritaka KS 250mm http://www.chefknivestogo.com/moritakagyuto.html
Moritaka 240mm Gyuto http://www.chefknivestogo.com/moritaka8.html
Takeda Gyuto 240mm http://www.chefknivestogo.com/tagyas24.html
Thanks in advance.
Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:55 pm