I am looking for a double bevel 270mm slicer.
1. Are you right handed? ----- Yes
2. What type of knife are you interested in? -------suji/yanagiba 50/50 bevel
3. What size knife are you looking for? ---- 270mm
4. Do you prefer carbon or stainless steel? ----- carbon or carbon clad with stainless
5. Do you prefer a western handle or a Japanese handle? ----- wa handle
6. How much did you want to spend? ----- $400 or less
7. Do you know how to sharpen? ------ Yes
- with Edge Pro (OK, maybe I don't know how to sharpen)
I already have Kanehiro, and Masakage KOISHI knives so want to add a different blacksmith name to my knife collection.
Also, I want this knife to be visually stunning, more so than my other knives.
I have been considering:
Moritaka Supreme Damascus
Sakai Takayuki Damascus
I am a home chef, so the knife would get average home use.
Which one of the knives is the most visually appealing? I am assuming all 3 would cut and sharpen just fine. I also realize that visual appeal is subjective, but value the feedback on this forum.
Any additional comments would also be appreciated...and help Mark with a sale!
Thanks in advance,