We encourage you to post your questions about kitchen knives here. We can give you help choosing a knife.
Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:30 pm
Hello everyone. I'm fairly new to good quality knives, and in the market for a new nakiri. I'm looking for a "girly" looking knife. Of course, quality trumps appearance, but I'm hoping to find one that fills both. I really like the hammered/damascus look in a mirror polish, and would like something with some flair/color in the handle. Appreciate any recommendations!
1. Are you right handed? Yes
2. What type of knife are you interested in? Nakiri
3. What size knife are you looking for? anywhere around 165mm
4. Do you prefer carbon or stainless steel? Stainless Steel
5. Do you prefer a western handle or a Japanese handle? Prefer Wa, but open to Yo
6. How much did you want to spend? up to $300
7. Do you know how to sharpen? Yes
Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:18 am
This one might fit the bill . . . plenty of bling!http://www.chefknivestogo.com/satadana160.html
If you want a western handle then you might like this one:http://www.chefknivestogo.com/kielwana17.html
Finally, there is also this Shun:http://www.chefknivestogo.com/shunpremier9.html
Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:28 am
if you get one of the first 2 i can put a mycarta handle on it for 100 bucks +shipping here are some of your color options
Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:26 am
BadBoy - Thanks so much for the recommendations. I really like the blades on the first two knives. It will be a hard decision. Lloyd Harner - I will PM you to find out more details.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.