We encourage you to post your questions about kitchen knives here. We can give you help choosing a knife.
Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:28 pm
Can you please give me some information on the Konosuke HD and the Konosuke HH knives?
I’m wanting to know the following please:
· What is the difference between ebony handle (wa) and the normal wa handle, apart from colour? The ebony one is more expensive, I thought there might be something else different.
· I notice the HH now is as hard as the HD (61 HRC). Would you still recommend the HD as the better knife?
· Can you get the knife with a bolster that comes smoothly to the blade?
· Do you mind telling me – is the steel AEB-L?
· Is there anything I need to be aware of when shipping to Australia?
Thank you in advance.
Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:35 pm
The ebony wood is harder and more dense and more heavy and more expensive. Those are the main differences.
It's a toss up. The HH sharpens just as easily, is fully stainless and holds it's edge well but not quite as well as the HD. I personally like stainless so I guess I would go with the HH but it's close.
I don't know exactly what you mean by this?
Konosuke does not disclose the steel they are using other than it's "sweedish steel". If I had to bet money I would bet it was AEB-L.
Yes shipping takes about 2-3 weeks depending on customs. The cart will show you the cost if you hit the "apply" button before you hit the "order" button. My wild guess is shipping will cost about $30.
Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:28 pm
Can you explain how well the hh holds its edge compared with others?
Is it because the Hd's edge holding is Very good and the hh is a step under it
or because the hh's edge holding is regular?
Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:54 pm
I find the HD to have better edge retention than the HH - also takes just as keen an edge.
Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:28 pm
I agree with rookie. The main difference is HH is better stainless and HD is better edge holder. Neither difference is big but those are the two biggest differences. On a 10 point scale I would rate the HD edge holding ability a 7.5 and the HH a 7.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.