It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:02 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Kono HD question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:05 pm 

There are a number of 240 lasers all very very similar kono, Yusuke, tads, suisin, richmond aeb-l, etc. All very similar profiles, performance, and spine thicknesses. Handles and steel flavors very a little, but you have to really try splitting hairs to find other differences. I own 3 of the above lasers and have no preference in use of one above another.

I'm with steve in that I think the 240 feels short because it's lighter than what he is used to.

The richmond ultimatum at 245 and 7oz might feel more natural to him.
the no handle hh kono with your handle would be my suggestion. That personal touch adds quite a bit, imo. Hd feels better on the stones, but hh takes a more refined edge.
The richmond aeb-l laser 270 comes a little short at 260mm where most other lasers according to the specs listed on the site run closer to a true 270. I don't own any in 270 to confirm for you though

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:14 pm 
Forum Moderator

How could I forget the Richmond AEB-L Laser :oops: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/rila24gyro.html. This is a great knife as well with super AEB-L stainless steel that's easy to sharpen and takes a great edge.

I'll also add the 270 version to the mix: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/rila27gy.html. It's still light, but has a length similar to the 10" Sabatier, as has been mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:27 pm 

Thanks everyone. I think I am gonna grab the HD2 @ 270mm and let him pick.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:14 pm 

I think that's the best solution. Let us know what he chooses and how he likes it...

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2