We encourage you to post your questions about kitchen knives here. We can give you help choosing a knife.
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:45 am
I am interested in one of the Konosuke HD 240mm knives. I am currently debating between the Extra Tall Gyuto and the HD2 Wa-Gyuto (both with Ebony handles). Just wanted to contact you with a few questions:
1. It looks like the Extra Tall does not have the option of a saya...would it be possible to have one made? Honestly, that is a selling point for the others because I really want something to keep it (and me) protected during transport.
2. All of the specs are not listed for the HD2 Wa-Gyuto....do you know how tall this one is, compared to the Extra Tall?
3. What would be your personal recommendation? I am a culinary student and will be using this knife for a lot of general kitchen usage both in school and at a restaurant. Any specific pros/cons to either the HD2 Wa-Gyuto or the Extra Tall Gyuto that you can think of?
I am really excited to get one of your knives and would appreciate your feedback. Thanks so much!
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:54 am
1. We usually have them but I just sold them out. I should be getting more in the future but I'm guessing it will take a month or more.
The knife comes with a card stock sheath and this Wusthof blade guard works really well on it too:http://www.chefknivestogo.com/wu10blgu.html
2. I'll stick these on the site. Here they are:
Spine at heel: 2.3mm
Height at heel: 48.33mm
Edge length: 235.86mm
3. I love the HD Extra Tall. It's based on my Richmond Addict design and the shape is really fun to use and give you lots of knuckle clearance. I would recommend you try that one.
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:02 am
MARK <> Do the Takeda or Addict sayas fit it [x-tall]?
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.