It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:03 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kohetsu HAP40
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:21 am 

Any news on the availability date yet Mark? I am trying to wait patiently but it's difficult =/. One with a custom handle and saya is my birthday/xmas gift to myself ha ha.

Post subject: Re: Kohetsu HAP40
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:23 am 

Already saving my pennies for HAP40s too! Looking forward to them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:45 pm 

I've also been wondering about the grind and profile. Is it going to be similar to the Kohetsu AS? I've been thinking about a Konosuke 240 for xmas as my first laser, but one in HAP40 might change that plan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

The kohetsu HAP40s westerns are in production. They were delayed when the factory bumped us for a larger domestic order for a catalog business in Japan, but that order is complete and they're making them now. I hope we'll have these in the next 30 days but to be honest I have little control over them and their schedule. My steel mill rep who is doing these knives with me is meeting the factory in person next week to pressure them to get our order done.

I did place a new order for HAP40 wa handled knives too and those will be done in the spring. I really wanted to wait and see how the westerns did first but it's pretty clear that these are going to sell fast so I figured I would get the wa handled ones on order since it takes so long.

Richmond Laser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:39 pm 

Damn, well, good to know I'm looking at a long wait still. I know it's going to take a while to have the custom work done as well. Thanks for the update Mark! There does seem to be a lot of anticipation and a lot of us waiting on these.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:12 am 

Hi Mark
Is this the same company who is doing the Kohetsu AS knives , if so when will
the rest of the AS knives be in stock .

Thanks Theo

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]