Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Kohetsu blue paper #2, 210mm gyuto in the air.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Ah, my mistake. I assumed because you didn't state the type of cladding that it was monosteel.

Still, aogami #2 with stainless cladding at that price sounds fantastic.

Re: Kohetsu blue paper #2, 210mm gyuto in the air.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:01 pm

Mark, put one aside for me please!!

Re: Kohetsu blue paper #2, 210mm gyuto in the air.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:14 pm

Mark, I have a question about the handle. Will it be less bulky than the Tojiro DP 210mm gyuto? If yes, you can be sure that one knife already has a owner ;)
Thanks!!

Re: Kohetsu blue paper #2, 210mm gyuto in the air.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:40 pm

And who makes them? Where are they made? Will they be a bit thicker behind the edge? How tall will they be? How about a 240? Is it 60+ rockwell?

Re: Kohetsu blue paper #2, 210mm gyuto in the air.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:57 am

Atoms127 wrote:Mark, I have a question about the handle. Will it be less bulky than the Tojiro DP 210mm gyuto? If yes, you can be sure that one knife already has a owner ;)
Thanks!!


Yes the handle is slimmer and it's lighter.

The grind is nice and thin just like the Kohetsu AS.

Re: Kohetsu blue paper #2, 210mm gyuto in the air.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:03 am

Umberto wrote:And who makes them? Where are they made? Will they be a bit thicker behind the edge? How tall will they be? How about a 240? Is it 60+ rockwell?


I'll give you a clue. They're made by a shop based in Gifu Prefecture. I would be astounded if you knew their name. I'm meeting them at their place in May and they're flying to Madison in August to meet Sue and I at our office. Maybe I'll show you some pictures. :D

Specs when I have them in hand.

If they're popular I will get some 240s. Couple weeks....hahahhah

I'll publish the hrc test if I can get my hands on it. I forgot to ask the steel mill for it.

Re: Kohetsu blue paper #2, 210mm gyuto in the air.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:15 am

chefknivestogo wrote:
Umberto wrote:And who makes them? Where are they made? Will they be a bit thicker behind the edge? How tall will they be? How about a 240? Is it 60+ rockwell?

I'll give you a clue. They're made by a shop based in Gifu Prefecture. I would be astounded if you knew their name. I'm meeting them at their place in May and they're flying to Madison in August to meet Sue and I at our office. Maybe I'll show you some pictures. :D
Specs when I have them in hand.
If they're popular I will get some 240s. Couple weeks....hahahhah
I'll publish the hrc test if I can get my hands on it. I forgot to ask the steel mill for it.

Yea right....and they'll probably show up early too, right.
Are those Hap40s still suppose to be here in a couple of weeks......from Christmas 2014...or 15....maybe 16.

Re: Kohetsu blue paper #2, 210mm gyuto in the air.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:09 am

Two weeks.....lol

Re: Kohetsu blue paper #2, 210mm gyuto in the air.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:59 pm

HAP40s are supposed to ship next. I swear!

Re: Kohetsu blue paper #2, 210mm gyuto in the air.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Shipping in two weeks?
Post a reply