The point of this knife is to introduce me into Japanese style handle and carbon steel. After i get done practicing sharpening on my garbage knife, this knife will be used so i can get practice with sharpening carbon steel. The end game is to get lots of practice sharpening and more of a direction when choosing a good quality 210-240mm gyuto ($150-$200 range).
1. Are you right handed? yes
2. What type of knife are you interested in (gyuto, nakiri etc..) petty
3. What size knife are you looking for? 120-150mm (leaning 150 since i think i would use it in more situations)
4. Do you prefer carbon or stainless steel? carbon
5. Do you prefer a western handle or a Japanese handle? Japanese
6. How much did you want to spend? around $50
7. Do you know how to sharpen? working on it
since there is a lot of firsts for me in this knife i don't think dropping a load of cash is wise, hence why i am going with a smaller size/style knife.
this is pretty much all i found that fit the bill. I do realize i may be asking a lot at that price point.http://www.chefknivestogo.com/toshitk15pe.html
Tojrio Shirogami ITK (bad remarks on the handle being cheap, which is one of the things i am trying out)
Thanks for your help