It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: KME Sharpening System.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:05 pm 

I'm new to this forum and I just though I would post about this product as I have had one for a few years and really like it.

I have a KME System with Chosera,KME Gold Series Diamond Hones witch out last a DMT Diamond hone a lot longer and the KME Ceramic stones and soon to follow will be a few Shapton glass stones to be cut by Mark from CKTG.

If you have ever tried a Gatco or a Lansky and were not happy with it I know the feeling I have owned both and don't like them very much because of there so many built in flaws and have never tried to improve their product's.

Ron from KME has re-invented the wheel so to speak and has addressed all the problems with the other clamping systems,his has rubber pads glued to jaws so the knife won't keep popping out like the others mentioned,he use's a spherical bearing for the guide rod to go into and also it stop's the guide rod from flopping around the way the other systems do,another cool thing is how the KME system has a spring loaded tension rod to keep tension on jaws so you can flip the knife over really fast to sharpen the other side.

The KME system may cost more then a Lansky or a Gatco they are not worth the money or the headache's incurred when using them,if you are thinking about getting a clamping type knife sharpening system you may want to look at the KME system,you may even want to look at the KME if you are considering an Edge Pro as I know people from a few forums that own both and like the KME better.

I can not say enough good thing's about Ron from KME either,he is a real stand up guy who prides himself on not carrying any product's not made in the USA,.I mentioned to him about carrying a Digital Angle Finder on his site and I told him of a place in China that sell's them cheap and are good and he said nope I'll pass it's got to be made in the USA or I won't carry it.
Ron is also a honest person who always finds the time to help his customers with any problems or concerns they may have and I can attest to this.

If you want to see what I was using the Angle Finder for and how I was using it look at the link below and check out the other link to see more on the KME System.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... gle+finder

http://www.kmesharp.com/

Post subject: Re: KME Sharpening System.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:56 am 

I looked at the clamp sharpener systems before buying the EP including the KME and Wicked Edge,
What appealed to me about the EP is the blade can be moved to be in line with the stone angle , I own a Lansky and a DMT clamp system and they are great for small folders, but when you sharpen a 270 mm knife I think the stone to edge angle is changing to much toward the tip , fair enough you can unclamp and realign but not as fast as the EP.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]