It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:14 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 7 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jones Cutting Board
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:52 pm 

Nice looking board. saving that link.

I need to pick one up before Easter, but havn't decided what yet. Something to hold a leg of lamb off the grill. We're having a bunch of people over (Double Event, Easter and My daughter's 7th B-Day).

Last edited by DarkStar on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:45 pm 

DarkStar wrote:Nice looking board. saving that link.

I need to pick one up before Easter, but having decided what yet. Something to hold a leg of lamb off the grill. We're having a bunch of people over (Double Event, Easter and My daughter's 7th B-Day).

Your 7 year old gets grilled leg of lamb for her birthday? Darn, she's got good taste!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:39 pm 

Nice find. Their gallery has some really nice custom pieces, http://www.jonescuttingboards.com/galle ... rders.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:56 pm 

I'm definitely tempted to pick one of these up as well. Please share your thoughts when the boards arrive.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:24 pm 

His boards look pretty nice for the price. I emailed Martin Jones regarding doing a larger sized board and his pricing is very reasonable for custom sizes. He said he has gotten busy recently and is low in inventory on the standard items so everything is made to order. I might give one try.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:24 am 

I love the look of those multi-wood boards but it occurs to me that the different woods might expand/contract at different rates, stressing the joints. Has anyone owned one of these long-term?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:13 am 
Forum Moderator

My Lone Star is multi wood and has been fine so far. Others have done multi wood boards w/o issues as long as the woods are close in terms of expansion rates.

Post subject: ~
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:11 pm 

socalboo wrote:Your 7 year old gets grilled leg of lamb for her birthday? Darn, she's got good taste!

She has no clue. She'll tell me the "Chicken" is delicious. This is the family party only, no external rugrats invited :)

On Topic. I previously had a dual-wood edge-grain board (walnut race stripes) and saw no issues of separation over ~10 years. Unfortunately it met an untimely demise during an encounter with a grill :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:27 pm 

taz575 wrote:My Lone Star is multi wood and has been fine so far. Others have done multi wood boards w/o issues as long as the woods are close in terms of expansion rates.

How long have you had it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:14 pm 

"On Topic. I previously had a dual-wood edge-grain board (walnut race stripes) and saw no issues of separation over ~10 years. Unfortunately it met an untimely demise during an encounter with a grill :("

That is one way to smoke some BBQ :D

Page 2 of 7 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next