It is currently Wed May 25, 2016 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours



Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!





 Page 2 of 10 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Goko Hammered Damascus 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:22 pm 

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:00 am
Posts: 678
bigwoolymammoth wrote:mine JUST came in the mail! super light and thin but not chincy feeling light. I go to work in 30 mins and cant wait to try it out. this is my first Japanese knife.
I cant see any bevel on the knife but it feels sharp. ill most a further review later tonight or tomorrow. taking my shapton pro 5000 to work with me.



The small bevel they put on from factory makes it hard to touch up after a long weeks work. I ground a larger bevel using my latte 400 into it and then wen through my progression. Knife cuts very well and can take a beating.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goko Hammered Damascus 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:35 pm 

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 366
Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO
yeah I cut a few items with it and wasnt satisfied. I put it on the stone, minimal strokes, then butterflied and trimmed 40# chicken breasts like nothing


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goko Hammered Damascus 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:01 pm 

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:00 am
Posts: 678
bigwoolymammoth wrote:yeah I cut a few items with it and wasnt satisfied. I put it on the stone, minimal strokes, then butterflied and trimmed 40# chicken breasts like nothing



40# chicken breasts damn those are large. Sure you don't mean 40#'s of chicken? :P :lol:

Yeah it's sharp out of the box, but for us knife nuts it just really isn't :lol:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goko Hammered Damascus 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:14 pm 

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:01 pm
Posts: 867
Location: ATL
Lunatic wrote:
bigwoolymammoth wrote:yeah I cut a few items with it and wasnt satisfied. I put it on the stone, minimal strokes, then butterflied and trimmed 40# chicken breasts like nothing



40# chicken breasts damn those are large. Sure you don't mean 40#'s of chicken? :P :lol:

Yeah it's sharp out of the box, but for us knife nuts it just really isn't :lol:


since we appear to be picky tonight, 40#'s most likely isn't what you meant either. As in 's implies singular possessive. Now if you actually meant the chicken belonged to 40#, then yes, you did use the apostrophe correctly.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goko Hammered Damascus 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:17 pm
Posts: 7224
Location: Derby City, Kentucky
I reccon yalls needs to go get you some ejumacation and come back when yalls gets smarter.



_________________
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goko Hammered Damascus 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:07 am 

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:00 am
Posts: 678
snipes wrote:
Lunatic wrote:
bigwoolymammoth wrote:yeah I cut a few items with it and wasnt satisfied. I put it on the stone, minimal strokes, then butterflied and trimmed 40# chicken breasts like nothing



40# chicken breasts damn those are large. Sure you don't mean 40#'s of chicken? :P :lol:

Yeah it's sharp out of the box, but for us knife nuts it just really isn't :lol:


since we appear to be picky tonight, 40#'s most likely isn't what you meant either. As in 's implies singular possessive. Now if you actually meant the chicken belonged to 40#, then yes, you did use the apostrophe correctly.


this is why I just use lbs. # should just remain hashtag....... xD


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goko Hammered Damascus 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:46 pm 

Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 245
I get all my chicken breasts from 40#. He has the best stuff.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goko Hammered Damascus 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:28 pm 

Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:24 am
Posts: 318
Its sold out again!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goko Hammered Damascus 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:32 pm 

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:57 pm
Posts: 597
Yes, but the non-hammered is still in stock in the 240mm length. I'm a little surprised they lasted 24 hours.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Goko Hammered Damascus 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:19 am 

Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:24 am
Posts: 318
I have one enroute but will be a couple of weeks before its in my hands. Can someone comment on the hammered finish? From the photo it looks like the hammered finish is not very clearly dimpled like some other gyutos with the hammered finish where those had evenly spaced and sized dimples over the knife. The Goko Looks quite random and messy really or does the knife look better live than from photo?


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 2 of 10 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


suspicion-preferred