It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:09 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Game of Stones
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:27 pm 

I found uploading this video harder than sharpening knives :)

I found it useful to myself, I could spot little mistakes I was making as I did the knife, I can see myself missing the very end of the heel of the knife on occasion. This is just the way I sharpen a knife, it is not meant as a tutorial or anything.

Remember I am old and sensitive, but always eager for constructive criticism.
Peter

Post subject: Re: Game of Stones
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:22 pm 

Very good video Peter, so glad you shared this with us! I've been curios about your techniques for a very long time!
You are one of the well respected sharpeners on this forum! Like it or not! :ugeek: :mrgreen:
My techniques have developed very close to yours over the years, I'm still working to get better heels and tips though and you just helped with that.
I've been thinking about buying the Hulk for a long time and I think you just sold me on it.

Thanks again for taking the time and sharing!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:50 am 

Thanks for taking the time to video your sharpening technique and posting the video, it's always interesting to see anothers approach to sharpening. I agree with Jeff, you are one of the more accomplished sharpening 'experts' on our forum. Is anyone really an expert on anything? There's always more today learn about anything - sharpening especially.

If you decide to do another vid :) , maybe use the Edge Pro as I am planning on purchasing one in the next few weeks. I would like to see your progression with regard to all softer steel knives you sharpen vs. j-knives. Also, very much enjoy your blog, as I have picked up some tidbits here and there. I am always interested in observations people make when performing detail oriented work.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:58 am 

Best thread title

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:54 am 

Hi, thanks very much, Dr. Zaius, sure thing on the EP video, I can give that a shot. I think that I am expert at knowing that I am not an expert :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:28 am 

Excellent video. I got a lot out of it. Your technique is beautifully utilitarian.

And I don't mind saying that my wife, too, hates that I have a 5 cm patch of hair on my arm that is perpetually in a state of growing back in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:39 am 

Nicely done Peter! Great center of the stone technique!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]