It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:33 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 48 of 55 [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Takayuki Hammered Santoku
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:26 pm 

Best: Grandma's stuffing

Worst: anything made with spinach from a can

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:38 pm 

The meal that I looked forward to the most as a child was my Mom's roasted chicken with "Mommy's" potatoes. This consisted of a full roasted chicken with the potatoes cooked in the roasting pan so they absorbed all the juices from the chicken and gravy. I would come home and sprinkle on extra paprika on the potatoes so they would brown more which she didn't like at all. To this day she cooks me that meal every time I'm in town.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:25 pm 

Grilled cheese. I had a dairy allergy when I was young, so the day the doctor cleared me, I was in heaven. Mom took me home, made me two grilled cheeses and I can't remember being happier :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:45 pm 

My Dad liked tripe, I hated it, but my Mother(bless her heart ) always fixed potato pancakes as a side dish, that always became my main dish!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:29 pm 

I'll go with a least favorite... Had to be Boiled Cod, Potatoes and Carrots every Monday night. for 17 years... (almost every Monday night) Funny, that cod makes great fish tacos now...(now a favorite...) thin sliced red cabbage, home made spicy dressing and corn tortillas off the gas range... Mmm...

+R+

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:23 pm 

Growing up 2nd generation Asian American, my mom use to make us dinner that she thought would make us "more American." One day she was watching Martha Stewart make tuna casserole and decided to make it for dinner. I don't know what Martha said but my mom made tuna casserole 3x a week. The noodles were mushy and the sauce was gritty of flour. Let's just say it wasn't my favorite nor my dads....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:39 pm 

Favorite food growing up would be a stew that my mother would make on special occasions that consisted of beef chucks bacon and pinto beans in a cilantro tomatillo base broth, yum. My least favorite meal growing up is when my mother would bust out with the left over surprise at time it was good but not usually.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:49 pm 

My dad made these AWFUL noodles that my brother and I detested. He would mix a can of cream of mushroom soup with about 4 oz of milk. Then he'd add noodles.

My brother and I were about five or six and my dad just served us what we thought were gigantic plates of this slop. We started whining. Dad said we had to stop whining or we would have to eat every bite (instead of the usual half). Then we started howling. He came up behind us, put a hand on each of our heads and shoved our faces into the noodles.

I still remember lifting my head and looking at my brother, who was now screaming and had noodles and goop dripping off his face. My mom came into the room and got things back under control.

Worst. Meal. Ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:45 pm 

What we called and still call in our family, a "googi" two soft boiled eggs in a large glass with broken up soft white bread, butter, salt and pepper.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:01 pm 

Favorite: Breakfast for dinner. B&G or pancakes with bacon.

Least: Mom's Ham and beans. I love this dish now though!

Page 48 of 55 [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 55  Next