It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:21 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 43 of 55 [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Takayuki Hammered Santoku
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:54 pm 

My mother, used to make home made bread, and homemade peach jam. When she was canning the jam us kids could hardly wait for the bread to be cooked. To this day I have not had that combo as I remember it. Was a yearly treat we really looked forward to.
Daniel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:20 pm 

Favorite is something I ate waaay back that I still make for staff meal. Dirty water hot dogs, baked beans and Mac and cheese (American cheese). Mixed together it's about as American fatty and salty as it gets. In a good way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:22 pm 

I'm a pretty adventurous eater and will eat just about anything. But... the *only* food I refuse to eat is Brussels sprouts... and I blame it on my aunt who used to make them (poorly) every holiday meal. The smell of them still makes me nauseous! :?

Matthew.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:26 pm 

I loved Mondays at my house my mom would make French toast for dinner, with home made butter.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:34 pm 

Grilled lamb intestines, chicken soup with liver, stiffed sour cabbage leaves, home-made sausages, my mom's spinach pie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:02 pm 

My least favorite was eckrich sausage smothered in a tomato sauce gravy something with large chunks of onion.
My favorite meal was my mother's chicken and seafood gumbo, it had fresh crabs that we caught ourselves, fresh shrimp, Andouille sausage, and of course whole cut chicken. My mother is one of the best cook I know, and yes my parents are from south Louisiana. Now that I'm a professional chef I can cook all those things I hated as a kid. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:09 pm 

Steak pizzaeole. I always loved steak, even as a little kid. My mom was a great Italian cook

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:38 pm 

Liver...I would rot sitting at the table before I would eat it. Mom finally got the message after a couple years.

Pizza...still a favorite to this day

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:43 pm 

There wasn't anything I wouldn't eat as a kid. I liked almost everything. Liver pate is where I drew the line though. My favorite meal when I was younger was my grandmother would make matzo Brie for me whenever I came over.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:51 pm 

After I discovered hot pepper flakes at a friends house, one childhood favorite was pasta (shells) with any kind of tomato sauce, even bbq, topped with lots of hot pepper. Still a pepper head. An unfavorite was Mom's meat loaf. In retrospect I expect she Betty Crockered it with lots of bread crumbs and raw eggs. I still avoid any recipe where ground beef is mixed with anything but ground beef, well maybe garlic and hot peppers are ok.

Page 43 of 55 [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 55  Next