It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:17 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 41 of 55 [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Takayuki Hammered Santoku
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:16 am 

My favorite food was anything my dad made... He didn't cook often, or well, but he would have so much enthusiasm in the kitchen it made the whole meal an adventure. A signature dish was polenta pizza... polenta, canned tomato sauce and cheese, baked. Nothing special, and we probably would have rebelled if our mom tried to feed it to us. Dad sold it well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:18 am 

My mother is Korean and I loved when she made Jajangmyeon a Korean noodle dish and Fried mandu, which is a Korean dumpling. I also loved watching my mom make me huge plate sized pancakes, those were my absolute favorite breakfast.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:52 am 

my favourite food was spinach soup with seaweed n tofu in it, i must say that my least favourite meal is anything that spicy , you know like other kids.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:08 am 

My Mother's burnt lamb chops and dry mashed potato was my least favourite and most frequently served meal!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:22 am 

The meal I remember most from my childhood was something my Mom made called S'more. It was just hamburger, egg noodles, and stewed tomatoes but it was just the best. I make it for my kids and they love it too. Thanks Mom!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:50 am 

My favorite was sausage gravy over freshly made biscuits & bacon.

Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:52 am 

Least favorite meal: Stir fried bitter melon (gourd) with fermented black beans.

As a child growing up in an Asian family, my parents loved bitter melon but I absolutely loathed it because it tasted exactly like it sounded -- bitter. My parents claimed that I would like the taste as I grow older, but that has yet to happen... Maybe this knife can give it just the sweetness it needs :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:09 am 

I loved chicken Kiev, and used to beg for it for my birthday dinners and such. And no wonder — it's basically chicken wrapped around a massive chunk of butter!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:13 am 

worst:Lentils
best:Fries with w/e

Pretty normal childhood I think!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:14 am 

My favorite meal as a kid was the one I was eating. My least favorite meal was brunch ; brunch was for indecisive fence sitters, it's either breakfast or lunch, it's an easy decision. Sunday brunch is good though, but if you think about it Sunday is the greediest day of the week. It's already on the weekend, it has church, it has football, not to mention Easter ; with so many things going for it why does Sunday need brunch too? Now Wednesday, there's a day that needs brunch, at least then you would have something to look forward to besides Friday. Wednesday brunch would have been my favorite meal as a kid if Wednesday brunch had been invented in the past for me to have enjoyed it as a child. Speaking of meals in the past, my second favorite meal was the one I ate after ingesting LSD for the second time. I had traveled back in time and was enjoying some Sherbert with Jerry Garcia in the back of his panel van, yeah he had a panel van, when I accidentally dripped some of my Lime Sherbert into some of his Orange Sherbert. He glanced down and said "whoa man, it looks like a rainbow, rainbow sherbert". After tasting some, he said it was the best thing he had ever eaten not high. The next night, after waking up with had a splitting headache and the dread feeling i kidnapped a man in a panel van, I went to the store for some Ice Cream. There to my amazement , in the frozen food section, was Mother F!@#$ng rainbow sherbert. I went back in time and invented rainbow sherbert on LSD with Jerry Garcia in the back of his panel van! Your welcome, every picnic ever.

Page 41 of 55 [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 55  Next