It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:47 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 9 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Moritaka Petty
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:17 pm 

On the New Year eve, I've spent close to 2 hours to polish my new Moritaka Gyuto 240 that I just bought from Chef Knives To Go. It was after I've cut the fruits for my family. Obviously, I got laughed at, but only the knife lovers would understand why I did that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:18 pm 

Went to bed early, no partying. But it was good to be home, safe and warm!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:21 pm 

I am a chef at a restaurant and had to work Nye. I was supposed to work till 11pm but didn't get out till 1205 missing my Nye kiss with the one I love. She wasn't very happy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:23 pm 

I had some unexpected, very sad family duties to which to attend beginning 12/25. By New Year's Eve those duties were completed, but I was by myself and dealing with the aftermath. I decided to treat myself to a bone-in ribeye steak and a great glass of red wine and for dessert a couple of glasses of champagne at a well-known and regarded steak house. The steak was great, the wine was greater, and I hit the hay shortly after midnight.

At about 4 am, I shot up in bed with great urgency. I do not eat much red meat -- maybe 3-4 times per year, if that -- and the richness of the steak and perhaps the stress of the previous 5-6 days caught up with me and hit me physically. I then spent the next 5-6 hours shuttling to and from my hotel loo. The cheap hotel paper only added to my first effort of the New Year.

2014 welcomed me in a way that let me know I was alive!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:23 pm 

NYE to me is all about the fireworks. NYE about 2 years ago we went to Long Beach to watch the fireworks. We had my wife, her best friend and my cousins. Unfortunately it was so foggy that all we saw was these clouds of light. The next year my wife wanted to see her best friend in San Diego, I wanted to go to Vegas. We ended up going to San Diego since I read that they have fireworks too over the water. A bunch of people were there waiting. We countdowned and waited. Waited some more... WTF, no fireworks!!
Two years in a row double fail!
We went to Vegas this year, redemption!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:26 pm 

Lamest New Year Eve was this year. I spent the whole day cooking and my feet were so tired. My family came over and ate and by 10pm everyone left. I tried to stay up for the count down but by 11:30pm my wife and i fell asleep on the couch. When I woke up it was 2:30am and we missed the count down.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:32 pm 

So for New Years this year I found myself sick as a dog with a crazy busy night ahead at work . With no hope of having anyone available to cover me . I decide to show my fortitude and grab my knives and head into the kitchen early , hoping to mise en place the shit out of the night and hopefully set my kitchen and myself up for our busiest night of the year! Well the night goes on smoothly as could be expected on New Year's Eve suffering the entire way as silently as I could until....... A sever case of bubble guts starts and I try to let a Little fart squeak out the backdoor to help relieve this feeling..............pfffffffftwoploop. It was more than just gas! Red faced and squishy pants I think to myself " i mise en placed the SHIT out of myself"!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:34 pm 

Fell asleep early waiting for midnight - this whole 60 thing is highly over rated. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:35 pm 

This past one was pretty lame...Fell asleep 30 or so minutes before Midnight because I was absolutely exhausted.

Thanks for the contest btw!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:41 pm 

We out to dinner with friends and forgot my wallet. DUH!

Page 9 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next