It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:47 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 8 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Moritaka Petty
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:52 pm 

i spent four Christmasses and new years about 600 ft under water whileinthe navy...pretty much the lamest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:55 pm 

My best New Years was this past new year. I have just graduated from culinary school in June and am working in a beautiful fine dining kitchen. We had a special on a 4 course dinner so we were booked. It was so hectic and exciting I wouldn't have had it any other way. After service the kitchen staff gathered in the kitchen and talked while drinking a couple beers. If that's not the best new year I don't know what is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:56 pm 

slept what else can i do.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:57 pm 

I spent the evening assembling my 2 year old daughter's Christmas present; a complete kid size kitchen with all the bells and whistles. Then I spent the early part (7 am) of New Years Day morning eating a pretend breakfast with her in her new kitchen. The look on her face was priceless.
John

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:59 pm 

The best I did this New Year eve, was to decide to save the excessive amount of money restaurants charge in these occasions, and get together with 4 other friends who love to cook along with their wives. We all cooked 2 dishes and paired them with the appropriate wines. We ended with a fabulous 10 course dinner accompanied with excellent wines and we spent a third of what would have cost a 3 course dinner. ;)
Marco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:02 pm 

Watched my wife and 3 "mini me" young daughters dancing to Just Dance up until the ball dropped.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:04 pm 

I got a lot of choclote. It was great until I chocked on a nut. And I'm allergic. But I made it to the hospital in time.
Happy new year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:06 pm 

I was working at the pizza shop. We closed at 11pm, but we were so busy that we did not get out until after midnight. LAME!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:07 pm 

Slow cooked a Smithfield ham on the bone for 7hours. Served 10. Went to sleep by 11. Good times

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:08 pm 

Two years ago for N.Y.E. my girlfriend and I were traveling in Guatemala and decided to take a long guided hike into some unexcavated Mayan ruins. The guides led a small group of us for 2 days through the jungle and had an entire HUGE city of the Mayan empire all to ourselves! It's called El Mirador, look it up. It is absolutely the coolest thing I've ever done. And to toast the new year with warm rum on top of a Mayan pyramid is something not many people will ever do, especially over the holiday. Cheers.

Page 8 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next