It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:25 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 7 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Moritaka Petty
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:45 pm 

Started off the new year with Guy Savoy and Hubert Keller in Las Vegas.

Post subject: Greatest NY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:46 pm 

When we were small, my mom would make homemade cake donuts. We'd fry donuts, drink champagne (or apple juice) and dance around in the living room til the wee hours of the morning. I've been to many expensive packaged events for New years, but none will beat seeing my grandpa dance with a donut on his nose.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:46 pm 

Played Grand Theft Auto V and drank beer until 11:59, watched the ball drop, continued playing GTA V and switched to champagne :)

#Nerdalert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:47 pm 

The best thing I did this New Years was putting out a one seating 5 course tasting for 130 at Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa in Cambridge, ON. One of the smoothest services we have out together and a great way to end the year before renovations.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:48 pm 

I spent New Years Eve working in a event for 300 costumers. But i had a botle of tequila and have a lot fun in the kitchen .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:48 pm 

Went to Times Square early in the day of the Eve fest with family. Almost lost one of my kids and saw a mother who had indeed lost a kid. Not just lame, a total disaster!!

Best NYE has been the years I've hung with my sister and our families.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:49 pm 

Fell asleep at 7:00pm on New Year's Eve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:50 pm 

Have slept through New Years Eve many times, so that is not a big deal. This year though, I slept through it when my house was being used for a New Years Eve party - complete with the long strings of firecrackers being suspended off of my retaining wall from fishing poles!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:51 pm 

My best New Years moment occurred on New Years Eve 2011.

I proposed to my Girlfriend of 5 years, and had them bring the ring on whatever dessert she ordered. She ended up ordering a cheese plate, which almost had me blow the surprise because I was thinking something more romantic like a CHOCOLATE dessert. So they had to serve us dessert, and then put the ring on the table on this very nice plate. My now wife burst into tears and was giddy as a schoolgirl the rest of the night.

It was in a restaurant that had seating in this loft area, overlooking the rest of the restaurant, with an open kitchen. Once the kitchen saw she said yes you could see them all clapping. It was a fun moment.

Happy New Year all!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:51 pm 

lame: spent all night on 30th cooking and packing to fly home, took a slow bus from the airport, and then passed out at 9p on the 31st.

Page 7 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next