It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:44 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 21 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Moritaka Petty
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:58 am 

Worked a 12 hour shift and got home an hour before new years, only to fall asleep shortly after :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:46 pm 

This year was pretty great. I got to spend my first NYE outside of a kitchen. I was able to spend time with my significant other which used to be a rarity working opposite shifts. I made us a simple dinner; baked fish, roasted root veg. We sat at the table together. Poured a bottle of wine. I was very thankful I was able to spend the end of 2013 with someone who means a lot to me. We went to bed well before midnight.
Simple food, great company, and a relaxing surprise evening off. The best way to end a year

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

Derek T wrote:Lamest was probably this year, went to a friends where half the people decided to show up and and other friends cancel ahead of going there with me. With them not showing I was about the only one to drink anything which doesn't make a party. On top of all that the lack of people meant having to deal more with a friends annoying gf. Next year I think I will choose work.

Congratulations Derek T! You are the winner of the free Moritaka Petty! Happy New Year! :)

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:25 pm 

Congrats Derek!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:45 pm 

chefknivestogo wrote:
Derek T wrote:Lamest was probably this year, went to a friends where half the people decided to show up and and other friends cancel ahead of going there with me. With them not showing I was about the only one to drink anything which doesn't make a party. On top of all that the lack of people meant having to deal more with a friends annoying gf. Next year I think I will choose work.

Congratulations Derek T! You are the winner of the free Moritaka Petty! Happy New Year! :)

Drat oh well, Congrats Derek enjoy the knife!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:57 pm 

Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:48 pm 

New Year's Eve- lame and bad ass.

So I was working in Brooklyn at the cafe and we were doing a special pre fix menu for New Years. We (kitchen) got spanked that night, we knew we were going to do some business but never thought we would be there after midnight! Anyway the front of house starts counting down while I'm slaving over the flat top with the grill brink drinking my bourbon shifter. They were like CHEERS AND BLAH BLAH BLAH. I'm thinking to myself these are the last shmucks I wanted to invite the new year with. So I look at them with utter disgust and Gracefully flip them all the bird and followed it by inviting them to all get f$&#ed. In true chef fashion! And that is how I started the New Years. And that is how I know that the culinary arts is my calling and my passion!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:15 pm 

Dammit man, I had high hopes I was going to win this one. Don't cut yourself Derek!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:26 pm 

Congrats! Enjoy the knife and cut something in my name.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:36 am 

Awesome! I'm excited to win one. My first petty so that makes it more fun :D. As for not cutting myself, each knife requires a blood sacrifice, don't you know that? Ha ha. Thanks everyone.

Page 21 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next