It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:37 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 12 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Moritaka Petty
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:42 pm 

Great night. A giant bowl full of seafood & plenty of drinks with neighbors. Faintly remember rolling in at about 2:30! Just turned 46 yrs old and I think I'm growing younger!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:49 pm 

Worst new years was getting stitched up after working a never ending shift. I dont remember if i was counting down the seconds or the stitches.

Best has to when im off and i get to ring in the new year with friends and family over some good food and drinks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:54 pm 

My likely lamest was being 22 years old in New York City, staying in a loft apartment in 14th Street when we decided to hike up to Times Square and watch the ball drop in a blizzard. We got about 20 blocks and were mired in snowdrifts. No taxis or transit available, we had to turn around for an even harder hike home and collapse, exhausted by fighting the two-foot deep flakes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:02 pm 

Best was doing a night time scuba dive in Aruba. Beautiful fish and coral. Surfaced and was on the boat to watch fireworks on shore with bubbly in hand.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:05 pm 

I had a wonderful experience by taking a group of kids ages 6-12 on an overnight in Brevard Zoo. We have a personal experience introducing them to several small reptiles and mammals that they can touch, making an animal mold with plaster - and painting them after they dry in the morning. We also take an hour's night hike thru La Selva and Florida loops to see the animals who are out and then return to a classroom for a movie: Disney's® Monsters U - Dream Of Becoming The Best Scarer! Of course, we celebrated the New Year in with lots of noise and a sparkling fruit juice punch. Another staff member and I had a group of twenty-two kids to share this experience with.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:06 pm 

Happy New Year!

Just making it into a new year is always an awesome thing.

Lame: After hours of deciding with my cousins if we should head to Union Square in downtown San Francisco (40 minutes away from where we live) to catch the midnight firework show, we ended up going and arriving there at 11:50 p.m. When we got to the actual Square, we noticed there weren't many people for New Years Eve. As we were all excited and counting down, "10! 9! 8!..." the clock striked 12 a.m. and we heard fireworks booming into the sky. But it wasn't coming from Union Square... Turned out we were at the wrong place and the fireworks we heard were coming from 2 miles away at Pier 39. We all just looked at each other puzzled. :shock:

Best: This New Year I was cooking on the line while my family and relatives were at a big New Years Eve party. I was a little bummed but of course almost no one gets New Years Eve off working in the kitchen. Right before midnight, my girlfriend comes in to surprise me. I see her right away because I cook in an open kitchen that's located by the restaurant's entrance. Come midnight, my chef comes by and brings my girlfriend and I a glass of champagne and we toast to a New Year. I pull out my phone to greet my family but I notice a text message from my cousin who just got back from Las Vegas. She sent me a photo of a lobe of Foie Gras that she brought back for me from Nevada since she knows it's hard to get since the California ban on Foie Gras. So this New Year, I got my midnight kiss and a lobe of foie gras. Couldn't have asked for more.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:10 pm 

Slept through it....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:23 pm 

Sitting with my parents drinking nonalcoholic wine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:26 pm 

The best thing about New Years was to spend my whole day at work doing over 100 reservations and by the end of the night sipping champagne with one other cook, servers, and all other hotel staff. The lamest part was being too tired to party when I got out. Haha.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:30 pm 

A few years ago, the Girlfriend and I traveled to Las Vegas and spent a bunch of money to celebrate New Year's there. Fancy dinner, suit & tie... everything's ready. There's also going to be 20000 people packed on the Las Vegas Strip in 30 degF weather, and the town's rocking.

Right up until the point where I caught Strep Throat on the morning of New Year's Eve. Spent the next two days in bed, sick as a dog.

It's a good thing that I have a compassionate Girlfriend.

Page 12 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 22  Next