It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:10 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 4 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: First Knife Recommendations:Richmond vs Kono HD
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:49 pm 

<SteveG> I sharpen to 5k, then a few light stokes on the 10k, finish with a leather strop with 1 micron spray. I just started stropping recently, so the goal is to strop more often and use the stones less.

Im sure my cutlery skills will have more room to grow now with the Kono in the stable. As I explore these options, it will be interesting to see what my thoughts are a year from now.

Post subject: Re: First Knife Recommendations:Richmond vs Kono HD
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:35 pm 
Forum Moderator

<Los Altos> Thanks for the info. If you feel so inclined, please post your comparisons after running the Kono HD through your full sharpening sequence, whenever that happens. I'd be interested in how much that may elevate the Kono performance for you, and how it then compares to the FKM. Sounds like you have your Fujiwara performing very nicely with your sharpening sequence.

Steve

Page 4 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4