It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 5 of 60 [ 598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Exclusive Forum Only Sales
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:12 pm 
Forum Moderator

RMH_ATL - you and I think alike. My thoughts exactly!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

RMH_ATL wrote:I had this one on my wishlist for future purchase but have never liked the handle. Price was too good to pass up and was so good that I also got the bubinga handle for it.

I got your order. Thanks! I'll have Isaiah pick it up on his usual day which is Monday and he'll get to work on it next week.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:35 pm 

So tempting, but I'm going to hold out and see if a Santoku happens to come up. I've finally gotten the wife excited about getting one, just have to find the right one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:46 pm 

Mark,

Thanks for your reply. No big hurry. I had it (Goko) earmarked as a future purchase since I recently purchased a Takeda 210 & Richmond AS Laser 240 & am still enjoying the heck out of them.

Ron

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:13 pm 

Mark Thanks Again. I just ordered one and can't wait. I love the Nakiri you suggested. Even though I had to do some unbending because of the postman. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

DieselHardware wrote:So tempting, but I'm going to hold out and see if a Santoku happens to come up. I've finally gotten the wife excited about getting one, just have to find the right one.

Yeah guys, don't punch yourselves out on this. I'll do a new deal every month and I'll make sure I offer different shapes, styles and brands. A santoku will happen.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:28 am 

Very cool -- thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:42 am 

this is my current work knife and it's such a good deal I'm considering buying another just to put into rotation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:34 pm 

Mark,

Thanks for such a great sale. The Goko was one of the knives recommended to me and which I was most strongly considering for my first j-knife and then this spectacular sale happened. I ordered one immediately!

I can't wait to get it and let everyone know how it performs.

Dainius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:26 pm 

Steve,

Great minds think alike, huh?

Actually, I have this same stock handle on a Yoshikane I got from JWW several years ago. It's not bad, in fact it's nicely grippy when wet, but since I've gotten back into the hobby I decided that I just want octagon handles on all new acquistions. Like Mel, though, I'm not much on bling handles. My Laser has the maple handle so I decided on the bubinga for this one so I can more easily tell them apart at a glance.

One custom handle that I do like, though, is this one http://www.chefknivestogo.com/nanocloth3x11.html but I'd prefer it without the end cap. Nice, but simple.

Page 5 of 60 [ 598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 60  Next