It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:58 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Edge Pro Essential Set
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:19 am 
Site Admin

Hi, Mark....

I am planning to order the Essentials group but may need a couple more items. I presume I could use the guide clips... I've seen them in videos but can't recall having heard their function. In addition to a collection of antique Sabatier carbon steels and a friend's more recent Chicago stainless group, I have a couple of oversized previously-owned carbon steel chef's knives which will need work. I presume that a coarser Shapton would work, although I have read about diamond plates, and wonder whether any of the ones you have on sale would serve that purpose along with leveling worn stones.

For months I have been planning to order the Edge Pro as soon as I could make up my mind what to order, although leaning toward the least expensive EP kit plus a few of your Choseras and accessories. Yesterday by chance I found your forum, feel that I have learned a great deal, and am now about ready to order. These will be for domestic use.

Thank you.
Kate

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Edge Pro Essential Set
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:26 am 
Site Admin

Hi Kate,

No need for the extra guide clips. The machine comes with one and it takes a ton of use to wear it out.

You also don't need the diamond plates. I think the shapton glass stones in the set are all you need but if you had some knives that needed a lot of work you could add a 320 glass stone to the set. The one accessory that would come in handy that is not part of the set is a flattener of some kind. Coarse 120 grit sand paper works and so do dmt plates like this one: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/dmt2x6diplfo1.html

Chefknivestogo Blog

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]