We highly encourage our customers to ask product questions about knives here. To help you, we need a few questions answered so we can tailor a knife recommendation to your specific needs and requirements. When you ask about a knife please include as much as you can but at minimum answer these simple questions:
1. Are you right handed?
2. What type of knife are you interested in (gyuto, nakiri etc..)
3. What size knife are you looking for?
4. Do you prefer reactive carbon or stainless steel?
5. Do you prefer a western handle or a Japanese handle?
6. How much did you want to spend?
7. Do you know how to sharpen?
8. Are you a home cook or pro cook?
9. If you are a pro, are you doing a lot of prep or is this a line knife or something else?
10. What kind of cutting board are you using?
Please post your requests for a recommendation as a new topic and either I or other forum members will give you their opinion on which knife to buy.
Hopefully it will generate arguments that will entertain and inform you.