It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:40 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Another "which knife" question
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:55 pm 

If you work 2 miles form Carter's shop, go to his open house every Thursday from 5pm-6:30pm. Every week he does a demo in his shop. See his FB page for details or contact his shop. You will not be disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:04 am 

Yeah, I saw that. Unfortunately I have previous commitment in town tonight. Will have to catch a future one.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:44 pm 

Kono 240 arrived. Definitely too big for the GF, perhaps too long for me - not sure if I'm going to keep or return. Either way, back to looking at some 210mm.

Hiromoto and Kono HD2 are out of stock. Leaning toward those two or maybe the Kanehiro, which is more expensive. There’s also the Kono white steel version in stock. In the meantime, I’m ordering an Artifex stainless – I can’t see any reason not to have one of those around.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:59 pm 

Dario-

I would say take some time (if you are willing to) to get acquainted with the new length. Your grip largely affects how a knife of any length feels in hand. Personally i started with a 210 based on the recommmendation that 210 is a good size for home use. And after 3 months of a 210, I felt that a 240 was a better length for me. Not to say that a 210 isnt better for YOU, but that it does take some time to figure out what length knife will feel "right"

Mowgs

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2