It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 3 of 6 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 500 Club
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:40 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:46 am 

<LUNATIC>
MAKE SURE YOU SEND THE PUPPY PIC TO JEFFB'S WIFE!!!!!!
lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:48 am 

cheffiec wrote:<LUNATIC>
MAKE SURE YOU SEND THE PUPPY PIC TO JEFFB'S WIFE!!!!!!
lol

It's a freakin cute puppy.

I change my mind Mark forget cheaper INTL shipping I want a freakin cute puppy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:04 am 

Free 2 day air shipping? I can wait...no really I can
Low flat rate international? But I live here, why would I wanna ship a knife abroad just to get it back ;)
Free trial knives for you to test drive? See below....I like this idea.
500 club exclusive deals? I think everyone likes deals! Course ain't that the idea with the forum only sale?
Free shirts or hats or spoons or other crap with every purchase? Sure I'd love to shwag out for ya!
Buy a knife get a puppy? Hell NO! I got enough dependents :)

I like the trial knives idea. Besides the fact that we are all addicts around here, people who are posing a lot here wanna talk shop. Having a larger repertoire to fill our knowledge banks makes us better forum contributors and we get to play with things we wouldn't want to buy, cannot afford to buy, or can't justify buying. In fact, I'm not at 500 yet, but I was thinking this is the exact I would want if I had my choice. I wanna play with all this great stuff I see MrKnifeFanatic, Steve, CGuarin1987, Aaron, etc do videos on, so I grok what it is that they are talking about. I think this is a cool idea.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:10 am 

cedarhouse wrote:Free 2 day air shipping? I can wait...no really I can
Low flat rate international? But I live here, why would I wanna ship a knife abroad just to get it back ;)
Free trial knives for you to test drive? See below....I like this idea.
500 club exclusive deals? I think everyone likes deals! Course ain't that the idea with the forum only sale?
Free shirts or hats or spoons or other crap with every purchase? Sure I'd love to shwag out for ya!
Buy a knife get a puppy? Hell NO! I got enough dependents :)

I like the trial knives idea. Besides the fact that we are all addicts around here, people who are posing a lot here wanna talk shop. Having a larger repertoire to fill our knowledge banks makes us better forum contributors and we get to play with things we wouldn't want to buy, cannot afford to buy, or can't justify buying. In fact, I'm not at 500 yet, but I was thinking this is the exact I would want if I had my choice. I wanna play with all this great stuff I see MrKnifeFanatic, Steve, CGuarin1987, Aaron, etc do videos on, so I grok what it is that they are talking about. I think this is a cool idea.

What if. Just speculating here.

There was a list of people who would try out a product. Shaun would get it and mail it to aaron who would keep it for a week then ship it out to melampus who would in turn keep it for a week and then ship it out to another member.

Just go through the list until it ends back up at the CKTG office. Maybe each member would sign the box. Would be a very cool office piece for Mark and a nice way for some of us to try out a prototype.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:11 am 
Forum Moderator

OK Mark,

I've often thought some trial/pass around knives to test out for a week or two would be a cool idea. It would help us, help you on the forums ;-).

Exclusive deals: how about a one time 1/2 off any knife valued up to $350 + 1/2 off one other non knife accessory.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:17 am 

I still like my idea best.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:37 am 

Jeff, are you feeling left out? :cry: I like your idea too :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:32 am 

Now passarounds sound like a good idea. Being that I am so far from 500 it isn't really salient at this point, but that to me sounds like a great idea. And at 500+ posts it means fewer concerns about loss or damage I'd imagine.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:57 am 
Forum Moderator

Many people have voiced dissatisfaction with high international shipping rates - just peek at the shipping thread.

Also many have indicated that they are reluctant to purchase because of this - fix it and the loyal posters here will purchase more often.

Many potential buyers add to cart and when they hit the checkout button & see the shipping costs, cancel the transaction.

My vote thus goes to lower shipping rates.

Think about it, passarounds in big volumes will become a nightmare to administer & control....

Another thought is to additionally reward at various levels i.e. 1 000 posts, 2 000 posts, 3 000 posts etc. with an once off small token gesture gift to the individual....

:)

Page 3 of 6 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next